APSR Travel Award to the
ATS International Conference in San Diego, USA, 18–23 May 2018
Abstract submission deadline 31 January 2018
The APSR is pleased to announce the availability of Awards for two members to attend the ATS International Conference in San Diego, USA, 18–23 May 2018.
The ATS will accept late-breaking abstracts until Wednesday 31 January 2018. (Normal abstract submission closed on 1 November 2017)
The two awardees will be those judged by the APSR Research Committee to have submitted the best abstracts. Abstracts must be submitted to the ATS, not to the APSR.
- Return economy airfare from the awardee's usual place of residence to San Diego
- Cost of accommodation at an ATS-designated hotel
- Conference registration
Each awardee must be:
- An APSR member (en bloc or individual)
- Aged ≤40
- 3-7 years post-PhD (or equivalent) or 3-7 years post-certification as a professional respiratory specialist
- the First Author of an accepted abstract and able to attend the Conference in person.
- Each awardee is required to send a report (circa 500 words) of their experience at the Conference, together with their photo at the Conference, to the APSR Secretariat within one month after the Conference. The report may be published on the Young Investigators webpage, APSR Bulletin and/or Newsletter.
Visa processing times:
- Note that visas for the US can take a long time to process, depending on nationality and location. Contact the nearest US Embassy for details.